3D Printed Prosthetics in the Philippines
Admit it or not, traditional prosthetics are quite expensive and it takes time to make one. But with the help of 3D printing technology, we can now create customized low-cost 3D printed prosthetics available to more people who need it.
What is 3D printed prosthetics?
It is an artificial 3D printed body part that is mainly made of plastic materials such as acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS). It aims to restore the function of the missing part of your body.
What are the types of prosthetics that can be 3D printed?
- Finger prosthetics - Simplest to create as it involves only a small part of the human body. It has 3 types: cosmetic which has a lifelike look and not functional, implant-retained which helps enhance grip strength and hand function, and myoelectric or functional which is functional yet more expensive.
- Arm prosthetics - Mainly, it has 2 types: transradial which is for a patient who lose only the part below the elbow and transhumeral which is attached to the upper arm for patients who lose their elbow joint.
- Leg prosthetics - It also has 2 types: transtibial which are used to replace the missing part below the knee and transfemoral which replaces the amputated limb above the knee.
- Cosmetic prosthetics - Helps to improve a person’s appearance, it is used to correct facial deformities caused by accidents or disease, but doesn’t enhance a body function.
- Joint prosthetics - Used to replace damaged joints, it is for those who experience severe pain and decreased movement due to worn down cartilage.
- Ear prosthetics - It offers a more natural appearance and allows the patient to wear glasses and hearing devices. It can help restore self confidence and ease the anxiety one might experience.
Benefits of 3D printed prosthetics
- Lasts longer as it is personalized to the intended user.
- It is more efficient.
- It reduces the level of equipment involved.
- Decreases the waste level as it can only be used to produce prostheses when necessary.
- It gives hope to people and makes them feel complete.
How much do 3D printed prosthetics cost?
Here are some of the factors affecting the price of a 3D printed prosthetics:
- Type - Mentioned above are the types of prosthetics that can be 3D printed. It is a huge factor to consider in determining the price of a project as the complexity of details varies on the type.
- Size - We can determine how much materials needed through the size.
- Complexity - The details of the design also play an important role. The more complex, the more expensive.
Talk to one of our account managers to get a quote.
How long does it take to 3D print a prosthetic?
The processing time of a 3D printed prosthetic depends on the type you need as it helps determine the complexity of the design. It may take more than 2 weeks or so, depending on the project.
3D2Go’s 3D printed prosthetics
3D2Go aspires to inspire, help, and give every individual who needs prosthetics the hope that there are still ways to feel complete again like through our low-cost 3D printed prosthetics available to more people. If you want to know more, Contact us today.