Rapid Prototyping Services
Want to quickly construct a 3D model of a product? Experience a realistic product design with the beauty of 3D printing and rapid prototyping services.
What are Rapid Prototyping Services?
Rapid prototyping services are all about creating a prototype of a product or its upgrades. We use it to create a scale model of a physical part through three-dimensional computer aided design.
Benefits of Rapid Prototyping
This technique gives you the opportunity to test and analyze the design of a product. Benefits include: spotting inaccuracies in the product design and fix it immediately before the actual production. It allows companies to see how a product will look and feel before it even hits the market.
Types of Rapid Prototyping
Liquid-Based- The initial form its material is in a liquid state. It converts into solid state through the process of curing.
- Stereolithography (SLA) - Considered as the most widely used rapid prototyping technology. It uses a low-power, highly focused UV laser to produce a 3D object in a vat of liquid photosensitive polymer.
Solid-Based - Encompasses all forms of materials in the solid state. It includes the shape of a wire, roll, laminates, and pallets.
- Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) - The process where plastic or wax materials extrude through a nozzle. It traces the cross sectional geometry layer by layer.
- Laminated Object Manufacturing (LOM) - In this process, layers of plastic or paper fuse or laminate together using heat and pressure. It is then cut into the desired shape with a computer-controlled laser or blade.
Powder-Based - Although in a solid state, it is not considered as solid-based to mean powder in grain-like form.
- Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) - During SLS, the heat fuses together tiny particles of plastic, ceramic, or glass from a high-power laser to form a solid, 3D object.
- 3D printing - Its process is almost like the SLS process. The difference is SLS uses a laser to sinter the material. In 3D printing, an ink-jet printing head deposits a liquid adhesive that binds the material.
- Direct Metal Laser Sintering - The first commercial rapid prototyping method to produce metal parts in a single process. One advantage of DMLS compared to SLS is the small size of the particles which enables very detailed parts.
It is often the method of choice for additively manufactured parts with critical material properties. It is common in the fields of aerospace and medicine.
Among these types, 3D2Go offers Stereolithography (SLA), Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM), and 3D printing only.
Rapid Prototyping with 3D Printing
3D printing is the most appropriate technology when creating prototypes because it is fast, convenient, and cost-efficient. 3D printing helps you take well-informed decisions such as in considering the overall look or design of the product and if you should continue with manufacturing.
Rapid Prototyping Services by 3D2Go
3D2Go’s rapid prototyping services creates superior quality prototypes ready for any presentation or market validation. Our prototyping service helps businesses turn brilliant ideas into booming products. We can print your prototypes directly from CAD data. We ensure that the printed product is highly-accurate to easily point out improvements.
Our talented team of artists can turn make your ideas into prototypes, no matter how fancy or difficult it can be. Talk to us.