Facial Prosthetics: A BreakthroughSeptember 6, 2018
Prosthetic Face Masks Boost The Confidence Of People With Facial DeformitiesSeptember 11, 2018
Analog Cameras Are Back
- There will be 3D printed analog cameras to be available in the near future.
- 3D printing is merging with photography to make all sorts of innovations possible
- Goodman Lab, a team of local design and photography enthusiasts, is making the 3D printable open source projects.
- Dora Goodman makes handcrafted, open source 3D printed cameras, along with camera straps and other open source camera projects, like a camera bag.
See More: https://3dprint.com/224218/dora-goodman-3d-print-cameras/
Antibacterial Filament For Future Use
- Copper3D has introduced PLACTIVE, an antibacterial 3D printing filament
- It is designed to create devices such as prosthetics and braces
- It has copper nanoparticles, which are active in the elimination of microorganisms that makes it less prone to bacteria
- NASA is interested in the filament
- Will use for future research and for astronauts’ suits.
See More: https://3dprint.com/224334/nasa-antibacterial-filament/
Detecting Mosquito Diseases Through 3D Printed Tool
- Researchers from the University of Texas at Austin has developed a 3D printed diagnostic tool
- It identifies disease-spreading Aedes aegypti mosquitoes
- It also determines if the mosquito had contact with a mosquito-control strategy known as Wolbachia
- The tool uses a smartphone camera
- It also uses a small 3D-printed box with a simple chemical test to show if a dead mosquito belongs to the Aedes aegypti
See More: http://www.3ders.org/articles/20180905-3d-printed-tool-uses-smartphone-to-detect-disease-carrying-mosquitoes-wolbachia.html
3D Printers Get Attacked By Software
- 3,800 3D printers were attacked
- The software Octoprint controls the 3D printer
- Xavier Mertens and Richard Porter were the two people from the SANS Internet Storm Center (ISC) who stated the news
- It might lead to other people controlling your 3D printer because the software doesn’t require authentication
See More: http://www.3ders.org/articles/20180905-nearly-3800-3d-printers-were-left-exposed-to-attacks-warns-sans.html
3D Printed Rock Engine Turbines
- GKN Aerospace awarded by ArianeGroup
- The company created turbines of re-usable rocket engine demonstrator as a part of their Prometheus project.
- It has created two full-scale turbines, which are low-cost re-usable rocket engine demonstrator on liquid oxygen and methane propellants.
See More: http://www.3ders.org/articles/20180905-gkn-aerospace-to-3d-print-rocket-engine-turbines-for-ariane-prometheus-engines.html
For more news and updates, follow our blog!